Archive for December, 2010
I noticed that one of the things that our Christmas tree was completely missing was photo ornaments. So I thought that I would try and come up with a really different way to make some photo ornaments.
I went online to try and find some ideas about different photo ornaments and found all kinds of ideas! Almost way too many ideas. But I’m not that creative or crafty, so I wanted to try and find the easiest possible way to make a photo ornaments. While I was looking for that stuff, I found some info on Internet Providers and after looking through all of that, I ordered a new internet service for our household.
The best photo ornament idea that I found was a photo frame ornament that seemed almost too easy that it wasn’t for real. So I went and stocked up on some Dollar Store photo frames of varying shapes and spray paint. I already had some vacation photos that I had been wanting to use for something special for a few months, so they turned out really beautifully.
Individuals who believe in Feng Shui anticipate the coming Year of the Metal Rabbit in the hopes that their fortunes would turn for the better. One way to hopefully attain better health and good luck is by buying or giving gifts of a lucky charm based on the person’s animal sign.
Here are some of the lucky charms for each animal sign in the Year of the Metal Rabbit 2011. You can buy these charms from Feng Shui specialty shops or on Ebay…
1. Boar/Pig = Amulets such as the Green Aventurine Pi Yao Adjustable Bracelet, Citrine Bracelet with Tibetan 9 Dzi, and Ammonite Shell Pendant will help to increase the flow of wealth and good fortune.
2. Dog = Because it is projected that Dog individuals may have difficulties in their career dealings, it is advisable to get the Feng Shui Fu Dogs or Kwan Kong on Horse for protection against unscrupulous persons. Improve fortune with Colorful Crystal Liuli Fortune Bat Tassels or Jade Dragon Tassels.
3. Rooster = Rooster individuals have the worst outlook among the animal signs. To counteract bad luck, better have on hand amulets like the Feng Shui Crab Keychain and Tiger’s Eye Bracelet with Tiger Tooth Dzi Bead.
4. Monkey = Lucky charms for Monkey people include the Monkey Horoscope Coin Pendant Amulet and the Rose Quartz Mystic Knot Love Charm.
5. Sheep = Romance is in store for Sheep individuals. Amulets like the Rooster with Fan and Amethyst Keychain and the Bejeweled Mystic Knot Lucky Charm Keychain can help you in making the right decision when it comes to finding a life partner. To improve good fortune, the Goat Horoscope Coin Pendant Amulet is the best charm to have on hand.
6. Horse = Health and illness is going to be a major concern for individuals born under the sign of the Horse. To safeguard one’s health, always wear charms like the Obsidian Hu Lu Pendant for Health Luck or Constellation Tibetan Dzi Bead or Yellow Jasper Wu Lou Hanging.
7. Snake = Good luck is in store for Snake individuals. To improve the flow of good fortune, wear a Citrine Bracelet with 21 Eye Dzi and the Obsidian Wu Lou Health Amulet (for good health).
8. Dragon = To enhance good fortune, Dragon individuals should carry with them the Three Eye Tibetan Dzi Bead and the Yellow Jasper Wu Lou with 6 Coins Hanging (which will also safeguard the person’s health).
9. Rabbit = Ironically, the Year of the Metal Rabbit is not an auspicious period for Rabbit individuals. To counteract ill fortune and bad health, the amulets of choice are the Trinity Five Element Pagoda Keychain and the Laughing Buddha Crystal Pendant Necklace (Tiger Eye).
10. Tiger = Tiger individuals can enhance the good fortune coming their way this year by carrying lucky charms like the Ammonite Shell Pendant and the Five Element Pagoda Keychain.
11. Ox = Ox individuals can count on good luck this year. Amulets like the Eight Auspicious Keychain and Aventurine Bracelet with Tibetan Dzi Bead help ensure the smooth flow of luck. The Manjushri Flaming Sword Keychain accords protection from jealous and backstabbing people who may pose a threat to career.
12. Rat = Career is highlighted for Rat individuals. Because of potential disagreements and jealousies occurring with colleagues and co-workers, it is advisable to carry the Manjushri Flaming Sword Keychain and Feng Shui Rooster Keychain.
Thinning hair is a terrible blow for men who are very particular about their looks and especially their crowning glory. While there are many shampoos advertising that they could treat thinning hair, in truth, these products only give the illusion of fuller hair by adding body and fullness to hair and by promoting very deep cleansing action to arrest hair loss.
The best shampoos for thinning hair are those that are not alkaline-based. Alkaline-based shampoos cause hair to dry out, so that it becomes very stiff and brittle. Because of the increased fragility of the hair strand, it easily falls out or breaks even with gentle combing and brushing. It is best to choose a more acidic shampoo that is close to the pH level of the hair, which is 4.5 to 5.5.
Another good shampoo for thinning hair should contain ingredients that counteract the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Produced from the interaction between the hormone testosterone and the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, DHT actually inhibits hair growth at the follicle. So an excellent shampoo should be one that prevents the effects of DHT.
Some of the highly recommended shampoos that have been found to be very effective in giving body to the hair as well as counteracting DHT are Progaine, Revivogen, HairGenesis, Nisim and DHT Shampoo Cleansing System.
Fashion is not only a place for the ladies. Now, even the gentlemen and the not-so-gentle (bad boy type) men can rule the fashion world. This doesn’t mean that men have to wear couture garments just to be “in” in the world of fashion. You can do this by putting on your best hip hop, attitude-filled clothing especially when you walk down the street.
Always be prepared to conquer the U.S. streets by wearing your best urban clothes. When you feel that you need that extra angst and attitude to walk down the street, go ahead and wear a Gotham jacket or a sweater knit cardigan. How about a New City style denim jeans and a matching pair of sneakers? Add some blings and you are simply ready to be an urban clothing icon.
Prove to the world that men also know how to mix and match pieces to look good on them. With the right items to put together, a man can turn into a street master.
We have just finished celebrating Christmas and New Year and people but people are already searching for the next holiday. Search no more because I have the complete list of the Philippine Holidays for 2011.
A. Regular Holidays
New Year’s Day – January 1 (Saturday)
Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Saturday)
Maundy Thursday – April 21
Good Friday – April 22
Labor Day – May 1 (Sunday)
Independence Day – June 12 (Sunday)
National Heroes Day – August 29 (Last Monday of August)
Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Wednesday)
Christmas Day – December 25 (Sunday)
Rizal Day – December 30 (Friday)
B. Special (Non-Working) Days
Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Sunday)
All Saints Day – November 1 (Tuesday)
Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Saturday)
C. Special Holiday (for all schools)
EDSA Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Friday)
Teenage life is full of color and excitement. This is the time marked by puppy loves, first loves, crushes, dozens of sleepovers and more. Being a teenager is certainly an enjoyable moment of the life. And once you step into high school, the exciting teenage life becomes even more exciting.
Among the most awaited times in high school is the prom night. It is the time when girls become ladies and ugly ducklings turn to gorgeous swans. Teenage girls want their prom night to be a moment to remember and this can be achievable if you have the perfect dress, perfect partner and perfect friends to keep the night magical.
The prom dress is one of the most important during this night. What you wear either makes or breaks you so you have to choose it carefully. You do not want to have a cut that is too racy or too revealing for your age as this might bring a different message. Go for cute girly dresses or simple elegant cuts for the prom night.
I didn’t know Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal were an item until I saw this:
They’re such a cute couple. Don’t you agree?
As more and more people are relying on portable electronic and computer gadgets such as cellphones, laptops, and digital cameras, there has been a corresponding demand for peripherals that could provide these gadgets with more storage space for photos, videos, and music.
Memory cards – also known as flash cards – are small and compact flash memory devices that store digital information. They are used as storage peripherals for gadgets that have limited memory capacities, such as cellphones and Smartphones, digital cameras, laptop computers, portable video game consoles and MP3 players. Memory cards are especially useful to individuals who work on a large amount of data at a time but would need a separate device to store them in.
For memory cards to work, they are commonly attached via the USB port or a corresponding port in your computer or on the device. After formatting the memory card, you just copy data from the primary device to the card. Once the data has been stored, you only need to remove it from the device. An advantage to memory cards is that you can them as often as you want because they are rewritable. Plus, they don’t require power to use.
Memory cards in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors, and storage capacities. For those who need to store a large amount of data, it may be necessary to get memory cards with 4 MB capacities. Some of the most popular brands of memory cards include CompactFlash Cards, PCMCIA ATA, SecureMMC, Secure Digital, and NexFlash. Memory cards can be purchased from your local computer stores or from online distributors.
Being a blogger meant I have to deal with the technical aspects of maintaining a blog like webhosting. My first experience was with free webhosting services. I didn’t have any problem but when I started earning I realized that I’m taking a huge risk by not taking control of my own web hosting. So I looked around and found a cheap web host. I got two web hosting services that were cheap. Again, I had no problem with the first one but then the second one was a headache. My blogs were constantly inaccessible and I was losing some blogging opportunity because of the problem. That’s when I decided to look for a quality webhost that could guarantee that my blogs would be up 24/7. Aside from that, I also want a webhosting plan that could accommodate my growing number of blogs. I wanted a plan with unlimited everything – unlimited number of domains, unlimited space, and unlimited bandwidth. I found the host I am currently with and so far I am satisfied with it. Right now I am paying a monthly fee that is above average but I’m happy with it because it’s not giving me any problems. Plus, I have the option to reduce the hosting fee if I pay for one or two years in advance. I’m still gathering enough funds for that but that’s one thing I’d like to accomplish by next year.
Gold bullion is commonly bought by people in order to increase the people’s asset base. It is rarely collected because of hobby with the exemption of really rich people. Buying gold bullion may be risky when you don’t know what you are dealing with. So before you go and buy gold bullion, learn the dos and don’ts of the game first.
Select a trusted mint or dealer of bullion gold. Get a certificate if necessary. Most of the time, certificates are essential for people who want to resell the gold bullion. Small gold bullion brings in more money in time. As soon as you have paid for the bullion gold, it will be delivered shortly. But if you want to get a hold of those bullions right away, you may choose to have for your safekeeping right after the payment. This however, should be done only if you have a safe storage of the gold and if you have enough security.