I finally got my Eon card and I thought I could verify my Paypal right away but sadly, I found out that there are so many steps for me to do first. *sigh I have paid the annual fee of P350 but I didn’t deposit any money in my account which is required because Paypal will deduct money from there during the verification process. So I’ll go back tomorrow to deposit and double check my account information so I won’t have any problem next time.
By the way, this is what I found at myLot – the step-by-step process of verifying your Paypal through Eon. It’s really helpful so I hope you read it.
1. Go to the nearest unionbank to apply for an EON card. Tell that you would apply for an EON card. They would ask you for 2 valid ID’s, one photocopy each. I brought my student ID and certified true copy of NSO birth certificate and they accepted it. They have a list of valid ID’s at their website, just check them out.
*They don’t offer online applications anymore so you personally have to go there.
2. After reviewing your ID’s, the teller give you an application form. While filling up the form, make sure to give correct details and clear handwriting.They actually misread my address there that even though I stated “Regina Village”, they put in their records “Regina Street” and my zip code was 1100 even though what I’ve written was 1116. So make sure to double check. It is important you have a valid information because you will need that later on in verifying you paypal.
3. Submit your application form. You don’t have to pay anything yet by this time. They will give you a calling card and tell you the date when your card will arrive. It will take 7 banking days so if you applied monday, your card will be ready by tuesday next week. Make sure to call before going there and ask if your card is ready to be claimed.
4. Once they tell you that your card is ready for pick-up, go to the branch you applied for. You will have to pay 350 pesos for the annual fee then they will give you your card along with its PIN number on a sealed paper.
*Once they receive the payment, your card will start to be activated and it will complete in 24 hours.
*EON is also a deposit account, meaning you could use it as bank account in paypal which I would show in later.
5. Fill-up a deposit slip and have 100 pesos deposited in your EON account. The account number can be found below your name on the card.
*For paypal, you need to load your eon card at least 100 pesos for the code they will later on send you. You could load as much as 500 pesos because if you input the wrong details that they would ask of you during the verification process, you will be charged 250 pesos. Well, that’s just to be safe and avoid problems.
6. Go online and log-on to unionbank’s EON cyber account log-in. Click “Enroll Here”
7. Input the card number which is found at the middle portion of the card and then input the PIN number which is the PIN found on the sealed paper that they gave you. Then nominate a username.
8. Once you’ve enrolled, wait for two banking days for the cyber account to be activated. If you enrolled your EON on a weekend, your cyber account will be activated on a tuesday.
*The cyber account is needed in order to see the transactions that paypal will make with your account.
*If you cannot log-in, it means your cyber account is not yet activated so have to wait longer. You will receive and email from them anyway that your cyber account is activated.
9. Once your cyber account is activated, log-in using your nominated username and PIN number. Check if the 100-peso deposit was reflected in your account. Then check your profile and put in the necessary information, especially the address.
10. Sign-up for a paypal account.
11. Verify your account using your EON card. Choose VISA as the card type. Type in your name (which should match the one on your card). Type in the address. Make sure it is the same with the one on your EON cyber account profile. Then put in your 16-digit card number which could be found in the middle of your EON card, the one above your name. Put in the expiry date located at the left of the VISA logo of your card. Then put the security number which is the 3-digit number located at the back of your EON card.
12. After linking your card, paypal will send you an EXPUSE number which would be reflected in your EON cyber account in no less than a minute.
13. Go back to your cyber account. You will see that your 100 pesos was deducted. Click ” deposit accounts” under account type and in the options choose “last 10 transactions”
14. You would see VISA-****PAYPAL–*EXPUSE with the four asterisks being the paypal verification code. Copy the code and paste in on your paypal verification code. Then you’re done. You wouldn’t have to wait for 3 days to a month in order to get the verification (EXPUSE) code. You will recieve a paypal bonus which is the amount they deducted from your EON account. So basically, you would get you 100 pesos back.
15. On your paypal page, click on profile and then add bank account.
16. Put in your name and then put in UnionBank of the Philippines as your bank name. Put in 010419995 as the bank code. Put in your 12-digit account number found below your name in your EON card. And then click continue.
You now have a bank account which you could use to withdraw your paypal earnings to. It would be cheaper that way compared to withdrawing it to your card.